When it comes to our patient’s healthy smiles in Dallas, Texas, our Smiley Dental Forest Lane team works hard to provide quality dental care while safeguarding your smiles. One of the ways we accomplish this is by making sure our procedures and treatments are both safe and effective, and we have found that digital x-rays are your smile’s best friend!
Dr. Raquel Wright and Dr. Leena Hoang use these x-rays to evaluate your smile for the most accurate prognosis. Digital x-rays provide detailed images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible otherwise. This means they can spot subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay in between your teeth.
While the traditional method of taking x-rays is considered to be safe it does expose you to unnecessary radiation. Let’s take a look at what digital x-rays offer over traditional x-rays:
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
As you can see, digital x-rays offer many benefits for our patients in Dallas, Texas. Our goal is to use only the highest quality tools to help our patients achieve the healthiest smiles possible.
We invite you to give us a call at 972.484.5400 if you have any questions or concerns about your oral health. We will also be happy to schedule your next visit with our dentist. Dr. Raquel Wright and Dr. Leena Hoang look forward to hearing from you!